This is an interactive toolkit to help local elected officials, agency leaders and city staff use integrated data to improve city services. The toolkit provides city leaders with information on how to:
- Find the balance between privacy rights and the delivery of effective services.
- Keep the public informed.
- Ensure compliance with relevant federal laws and regulations.
- Operate more efficiently to improve outcomes for residents.
It features case studies and an overview of major federal laws governing privacy in the areas of:
- Health Care
- Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol Treatment
- Human Services and Criminal Justice